Article provided by: Malladi Bariatrics and Advanced Surgery
If you’ve tried to lose weight but found you were unable to reach your goal, you may require the assistance of Bariatric Surgery to achieve a healthy weight. Malladi Bariatrics and Advanced Surgery offers Lap Band Surgery in their Dallas facility, one of many procedures designed to help patients achieve comprehensive weight loss.
Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric Banding, often referred to as Lap Band Surgery, is a very effective tool used to help patients achieve weight loss. The band is placed during a Laparoscopic procedure that is minimally-invasive. The band system serves to shrink the stomach volume, reducing the amount of food a patient can consume at a single sitting.
Feeling fuller, faster, and feeling that way for a longer duration of time are very effective for weight loss. The Lap Band system contributes to slow weight loss over time and helps patients maintain the loss once achieved. If you’re looking for assistance in reaching a healthy weight, call Malladi Bariatrics and Advanced Surgery to speak with a professional about Lap Band Surgery in the Dallas facility.
One of the greatest fears of patients considering Bariatric Surgery is whether they will put the weight back on after they have initially reached their goal. Malladi Bariatrics recommends the following tips for life after weight loss surgery:
- Patients having just gone through what is considered a pretty extreme surgery should follow what may seem like the extreme recommendations of their doctor. At all costs, do what your doctor tells you to do for a faster recovery, for maximum health and for a longer, happier life.
- Staying active and adopting an exercise routine is essential in maintaining weight loss post-surgery. Don’t rely on diet alone for long-lasting results.
- Grazing will lead to weight regain. Random snacking is the culprit of any weight loss regimen as well as that of weight maintenance. Snacking can keep you from getting a high nutritional value out of the food you eat.
- Stay away from high-calorie drinks, such as sodas, milkshakes, alcoholic beverages and sweetened juices that can cause a lot of calorie gain without much nutritional value.
- Always put protein first when planning your meals. Protein will help you maintain muscle while keeping you feeling full long after you’ve eaten. After protein, integrate fruits and vegetables into your meals.
Learn more about Lap Band Surgery in Dallas facility Malladi Bariatrics and Advanced Surgery by spending time on their website. Click on the ‘Bariatric Surgery’ link toward the top of the home page where you’ll find a range of options available for weight loss. Speak with Dr. Malladi about your options in reaching your ideal weight by calling 214-242-9737.
Are you a good candidate for Lap Band Surgery in Dallas? Find out now by reading the informative article titled “Are You a Candidate?’, located on the right side of the home page. A good candidate for Bariatric Surgery is one who is fully committed to keeping the weight off after they have reached their goal.
Malladi Bariatrics and Advanced Surgery
221 W Colorado Blvd; Suite 829, Dallas, TX 75208
View Larger Map