Article provided by: Channel Islands Rehab
Channel Islands Rehab is a premier addiction treatment center in California with compassionate staff, modern amenities, and evidence-based modalities. We create a customized treatment plan for each of our patients in rehab and offer 24/7 medical care and support.
Role of family therapy in addiction treatment
While psychotherapies, counseling, and other treatments focus on the thoughts, behaviors, and recovery of one person, family therapy helps mend broken relationships and addresses the concerns of the family members. Family therapy offers clarity to relationships and fosters closeness and reliability between individuals. Family therapy works on the core idea that problems exist between people and not within people.
Our team of family therapists explores how alcohol or substance abuse is embedded within the family and provide valuable tips to overcome it. We also educate the rest of the family members on how they can create a supportive environment for the recovering addict. Our family therapists also resolve any family issues and try to rebuild the trust between one another. We coach the family members on new skills and help them exhibit their emotions like anxiety, anger, frustration, worry, etc. safely and constructively.
Ways to prevent relapse after rehab treatment
Sobriety is a life-long commitment, and it demands a great level of perseverance, determination, and will power. Here are some tips on how to prevent relapse after rehab:
- Build a healthy routine of day-to-day activities to avoid distraction and to stay focused on recovery. Participate in physical exercise regularly to overcome fatigue and insomnia.
- Participate in yoga and mindful meditation to attain peace of mind and mental clarity. Eat a healthy and balanced diet to lead a healthy and gratifying life.
- Attend the aftercare programs at your rehab center and make sure to discuss the challenges you face in the recovery journey with your therapist.
Besides, build a new social circle and avoid people who encouraged the use of drugs in you before. Regularly attend the support groups to receive love and support from people battling similar evils like you.
Highly effective psychotherapies for recovery from addiction
At our addiction treatment center in California, we use a combination of psychotherapies to help individuals overcome addiction. Some of the effective evidence-based modalities that we use include:
- Biofeedback therapy – It helps recovering addicts regain control over their mind and body. As a part of this therapy, we teach mindful meditation, progressive muscle relaxation, and guided imagery exercises to help recovering addicts control their involuntary body responses.
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy – It helps address the problematic thoughts and feelings in recovering addicts and helps treat co-occurring mental disorders.
- Dialectical behavioral therapy – We use DBT to teach skills like mindfulness, interpersonal effectiveness, emotional stability, and distress tolerance to recovering addicts.
Join Channel Islands Rehab today to break free from chains of addiction and to lead a healthy and drug-free life. We are an affordable addiction treatment center in California with highly effective treatments and programs. We also offer continuing care programs to ensure that our patients do not relapse after treatment.Addiction Treatment Center California